The North West OPM was held at the Campbell Town Rifle Range on January 11. 21 shooters turned up for the shoot which was fired over a double 500 yard and one 600 yard range. With all the tragic fires destroying so much of the mainland it was a cool and pleasant day in Tassie, with no smoking signs in place on the range.
The first 500 yard match was shot with a gentle breeze coming across the range from about 3 o’clock.
Results from the 1st 500:
- In TR-A, James Gillies took first place shooting a 48.4, with Mark Walters on 48.3 and next was John Hope with 44.2
- In TR-B Peter Hannaford finished on top with 42.1, followed by Peter Harris on 41.1
- F Open saw Steve Clark with a 58.3, Gil Walker on 55.3 and Guy Grining with 43.0
- In FS-A, Bob Pedersen finished on top with 57.3 followed by Brendon Hunt on 56.3, Neville McKinnell on 51.1 and Phillip Oliver with 50.2
- FS-B saw Gerald Upchurch end on 56.5, Barry Gough was next on 51.0, followed by Kerry Hamer with 46.0
- James Freeman top scored in FTR with 56.2, followed by Paul Monaghan on 55.1 and David Dalrymple with 44.1
- Kev Hunter took out top spot in Sporting/Hunter with a 54.2, with Marcus Loring next on 53.1 and Luciano Pasa on 33.0
For the 2nd 500 yards, conditions remained pretty constant.
Results from the 2nd 500:
- In TR-A, James top scored again with 48.4, followed by John on 47.4 and Mark with 44.3
- TR-B saw Peter Hannaford take out his 2nd range of the day with 47.3, followed by Peter Harris on 42.2
- F Open saw Steve and Guy swapping places from the 1st range, with Guy top scoring with a 58.5, Gil was next on 54.1, followed by Steve with 54.1
- FS-A saw Phillip Oliver top score with 58.3, next was Neville on 57.3, Brendon with 55.2 and Bob with a 52.1
- In FS-B, Gerald stayed on top with a score of 51.0, followed by Kerry with a 50.0 and then Barry on 48.0
- In FTR we saw Paul top score with 58.3, followed by James with 57.4 and David on 55.2
- Sporting/Hunter scores for the 2nd range saw Marcus on 49.1, Kev on 47.1 and Luciano with 46.1
Time for a dinner break, which the ladies put on for us. As usual, a great meal with plenty for all and then some.
Typical of the range, the wind dropped down the flags at dinner time, then up they went just before the first shot at 600 yards.
Results from 600 yards:
- James took out TR-A with 45.3, next was John with 45.2
- In TR-B, Peter Hannaford was the only shooter and ended with 43.1
- Steve was top in F Open with 58.3, next was Gil on 54.1 and Guy on 53.1
- FS-A saw Bob with a score of 59.1, then Phillip with 54.3, Neville 49.1 and Brendon with 48.1
- In FS-B, Gerald was top with 52.1 followed by Kerry 47.2
- FTR saw Paul, James and David consistent with their places from the 2nd 500 yards, with their scores being 55.1, 52.3, and 49.2 respectively.
- In Sporting/Hunter, Kev top scored with 51.0, next was Marcus 50.0 and Luciano on 44.1
All ranges were won and the winners in each discipline/grade were:
- TR-A: James with 141.11, then John with 136.8
- TR-B: Peter with 132.5
- F Open: Steve was the winner with 170.7, Gil was next with 163.5 and then Guy with 154-6
- FS-A: Bob was top with 168.5, then Phillip with 162.8, Brendon 159.6 and Neville 157.5
- FS-B: Gerald 159.6 and then Kerry on 143.2
- FTR: Paul was the top shooter with 168.5, then James with 165.9 and David on 148.5
- Sporting/Hunter: Kev was the winner on 152.3 followed by Marcus on 152.2, then Luciano on 123.1
A very nice table of trophies was handed out to all the winners.
Next on the list is our Queen’s Prize and we hope to see a good turn out there.
All the best until then.